How We Do It Better
SLKone partners with clients to bridge data with decision making to generate enterprise value. What makes SLKone different is our how we approach the intersection of business generalist and data scientist. Historically, that has been accomplished through the “data translator” model where management consultants work with data science teams to derive insights. We challenge that model and believe there have been enough advancements in open-source research, education, and resources to apply data science principles and models to our projects. In other words, we’re consultants who can code and see that as the long-term model for success.
- Goals are not executed privately at SLKone. After setting individual goals, team members share their goals with each other and commit to helping one another deliver those goals; everyone succeeds together.
- There are multiple tracks to success. We recognize that our talent pool is comprised of innovators and builders that help sales leaders succeed, and it is reflected in our performance.
- We value fairness and use one formula for all performance rewards. Founders, partners, managers, and consultants all earn within the same operating model.
- Happy consultants deliver exceptional results for clients. We strive to contribute 100% of our team’s healthcare benefits, celebrate the joy of parental responsibilities through generous paid leave, and much more through programs that we encourage our team to define.
- We give back to the community. Whether building houses or supporting education for the underprivileged, SLKone supports our team’s dedication to giving back as a core pillar to our company’s mission.
Do you want to sit with decision makers on day one? Are you a motivated self starter passionate about learning new things? Do you want flexibility in your living and working environment? Do you desire real work-life harmony? Then we'd love to hear from you -- please submit your resume and cover letter below!
We are currently looking for new team members!Apply Now
The Consultant and Management Consultant Role
The Consultant and Managing Consultant positions are both full-time roles. The ideal candidate lives the five pillars of SLKone. We expect him or her to be self-motivated, hard-working, intellectually curious, focused on success, and have a desire to contribute and grow within the firm. We also expect candidates to occasionally fail because the only way we grow personally and as a firm is through stretching ourselves and taking risks. Candidates can expect to be challenged qualitatively and quantitatively, utilizing a data-driven and team-oriented approach to solve our client’s most crucial challenges across a variety of industries and disciplines.
- Develop critical analysis through a variety of tools including spreadsheets, programming languages, visualization software, and others
- Develop and deliver results and recommendations to client and internal teams regarding findings, analysis, and approach methodologies
- Support or co-develop new or alternative approaches to complex situations
- Deliver quality, detail-oriented work products, including reviewing their own and others’ work products
- Demonstrate tenacity to deliver work products outside of one’s specialty by leveraging the collective knowledge of SLKone, the client, and all other available resources
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deliverables concurrently while exceeding client expectations
- Travel to client locations on an as-needed basis to support projects
- Develop relationships with clients and act as a ‘trusted advisor’
- US Resident or Permanent Work Authorization
- Innovative and curious, learning attitude
- Problem solving mindset and strong critical thinking
- Strong, referenceable work ethic and a drive for excellence and growth
- Capacity to network and form strong professional relationships
- Commitment to giving back to our collective communities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; concision and sensitivity in speech
- Strong presentation skills to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Undergraduate degree with coursework or specialty in business, finance, economics, accounting or other discipline; Non-business degree with working knowledge of business
- Ability to travel as needed to deliver value
Additional Desired Capabilities and Qualifications
- Advanced or graduate degree
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience utilizing Python or R for data analysis
- Experience extracting data from source systems using SQL or similar approaches
- Ability to visualize data and create dashboards for stakeholders using a BI tool (PowerBI, Tableau, SSRS, etc.)
- Experience leveraging cloud computing tools for analysis a strong plus (Azure, AWS)
- Competitive, performance-based compensation
- Remote location – work from home when not on-site with a client
- Flexible schedule and vacation time
- Regular team offsites
- Volunteer opportunities
- Career development resources
- Networking support
- Be part of a tightknit team
- Contribute to thought leadership
- Redefine what it means to be a consultant
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Cell Phone and Internet Allowance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave